Because dentures are used when a person is missing most or all of their natural teeth, it’s important that you have a reliable solution that looks natural and offers outstanding performance.
Dentures are used when a person is missing all or most of their natural teeth. This could be the result of an injury or declining oral health. Dentures are a great way to still enjoy the benefits that come with healthy and natural teeth like chewing with ease. They are easy to use and offer a fast and effective solution to overcoming severe tooth loss.
Dentures are prosthetic teeth secured to a gum-colored base. They can be secured with or without dental implants, it’s best to visit with us to discuss all available options and determine the best solution for your needs.
Lakeview Family Dentists offers affordable dentures in Dracut, MA. Make an appointment online or call our office, today.
How much do dentures cost?
At Lakeview Family Dentists, we strive to offer quality care that’s affordable for our patients in Dracut, MA. Out of pocket cost for any procedure depends on your insurance coverage at the time of the procedure. Our prices for dentures are listed below.
- Complete Upper Arch Denture: $1,928
- Complete Lower Arch Denture: $1,910
How do I clean dentures?
Traditional removable dentures require proper care to keep them clean, free from stains and looking great. Below are some cleaning steps and things to avoid when using traditional removable dentures:
- Remove and rinse dentures after eating by running water over them to remove food debris and loose particles.
- Handle them carefully and don’t bend or damage the plastic or clasps when cleaning.
- Clean your mouth after removing dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Brush your dentures once a day and soak them in a nonabrasive denture cleanser to remove food, plaque and other deposits.
- Soak dentures overnight in a mild denture-soaking solution to keep them moist and so they hold their shape.
- Schedule regular dental checkups so your dentists can ensure proper fit, prevent slippage and discomfort and check the inside of your mouth to ensure it stays healthy.
Likewise, avoid abrasive cleaning materials and whitening toothpastes.
What are the different types of dentures?
There are two types of dentures available. Traditional dentures that can be easily removed and cleaned on a daily basis and those that are “fixed”, also known as fixed dentures. Fixed dentures are permanently secured using dental implants. Once installed, they cannot be removed unless oral surgery is provided. With the proper care, fixed dentures will last a lifetime and feel almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Traditional dentures are non-surgical denture options. These dentures grip around the dental arch and remaining jawbone and rely on suction to remain securely in place. They are removable for easy cleaning and the patient does not have a recovery period before they can use them.
What is the best denture adhesive or denture glue?
The Oral Health Foundation developed guidelines to guide dental health care professionals and patients on the use of denture adhesive creams. These guidelines are listed below:
- Patient satisfaction has become a decisive factor for the overall success of prosthodontic treatment in full-denture wearers.
- Denture adhesives can enhance the retention of, and reduce food accumulation beneath, well-fitting complete dentures.
- Denture adhesives can be beneficial to the patient. They may enhance comfort, provide psychological satisfaction, increase confidence and thus wellbeing, while increasing retention and stability, and improving function.
- The effectiveness of denture adhesives cannot compensate for significant denture deficiencies.
- Dental professionals should provide guidance and instructions to the patient on the correct application and use of the adhesive, and on removing it and cleaning the denture.
- The optimum time to advise on the use of an adhesive varies between patients. For well-fitting dentures it might occur at a review appointment, or for patients finding problems with compliance at the time of fitting or soon after.
What are you waiting for?
At Lakeview Family Dentists, we believe in providing the best dental care, at the most affordable prices. Make an appointment, see more about our office, or explore all of the dental services we provide, using the links below.